Beyoncé Honors Tina Turner During ‘Renaissance Tour’ Stop

 Beyoncé honored the late icon Tina Turner at her St. Louis Renaissance Tour stop. St. Louis was where Turner started her career after moving from Tennessee at the age of 16. “This next song, it means a lot to sing it here tonight. This is dedicated to my queen, my inspiration, Miss Tina Turner,” said Bey before singing a rendition of Turner’s “River Deep, Mountain High.”

When it was confirmed that the rock legend had died back in May, Beyoncé wrote a message on her website about the singer. “My beloved queen, I love you endlessly. I’m so grateful for your inspiration, and all the ways you have paved the way. You are strength and resilience. You are the epitome of power and passion. We are all so fortunate to have witnessed your kindness and beautiful spirit that will forever remain. Thank you for all you have done.”


The two performed together at the 2008 Grammys where Turner performed her ’80s classic “What’s Love Got To Do With It.” Beyoncé later joined the icon on stage where they both performed “Proud Mary.”


In a resurfaced clip from one of many of the Beyhive’s fan accounts, Beyoncé is seen rehearsing with Turner before they took the Grammy stage. The “CUFF IT” singer said how she admired Turner since a young girl.


“When I was a kid and I saw her tapes, I wanted to be like her,” Beyoncé is heard saying in the clip. “This is literally a dream to me because she’s the ultimate. To actually be on the stage with her is crazy.”


Beyoncé says that she owes a lot of who she is as an artist to Turner since she has been an inspiration throughout her life and career.


“If you’re a fan of mine, you’re a fan of Tina Turner,” Beyoncé said during her Paris tour stop. “I wouldn’t be on this stage without [her].” She added, “I want you guys to just scream, so she can feel your love. I feel so blessed that I was alive to witness her brilliance.”


Beyoncé: 5 Destiny's Child Songs We Want Her To Perform On The 'Renaissance Tour'

 “Say My Name” is a Destiny’s Child classic and all OG Destiny’s Child fans would love to here Beyoncé perform it on tour. The song won a Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals and Best R&B Song in 2001. The song is from the group’s 1999 album The Writing’s on the Wall.

Post a Comment

0 Comments